ASAPbio Funders’ Workshop
Preprints advance global knowledge and serve the public good. They should be collected, maintained and distributed by an archive that fulfills this mission.
On May 24th, 2016, representatives of funding agencies and existing preprint servers as well as junior and senior scientists will meet at the NIH to coordinate their efforts in providing a preprint service for the biology community.
Documents sent to attendees in advance of the meeting are posted below; they are open for public comments that could inform discussion at the meeting.
- Announcement and attendees
- Pre-meeting Documents
- 1 – Defining basic objectives of a core preprint service
- 2 – A preprint service supported by an international consortium of funders
- 3 – Implementation of the preprint service
- 4 – What does IT infrastructure for a next generation preprint service look like?
- 5 – Existing databases funded by consortiums
- 6 – Additional questions for possible consideration
- Preprint server preferences survey – results as of 2016.05.22
Permalink to this announcment
All members of the organizing committee are also affiliated with Rescuing Biomedical Research.
We thank the National Institutes of Health and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute for supporting this meeting.