Inspiring others to think about, consider, and use preprints requires not only passionate champions, but also resources to help them create successful events and projects. For this reason, we at ASAPbio want to support members of our community in spreading the word about preprints in original and inventive ways. To do so, we’ve launched ASAPbio Community Projects, a mechanism to cover supplies, equipment, or fees for projects that community members design.
Thus far, we’ve supported the podcast Preprints in Motion in a pilot of this mechanism: read more about their work in a companion post on our blog. Now, we’re excited to scale this up to support additional preprint-related projects, which could include:
- Local meetings or events at your university
- Outreach to schools or other communities
- Sessions at conferences or meetings
- Video, animation, or other creative projects
ASAPbio welcomes applications for support for community-driven projects to advance the productive use of preprints and open peer review. Projects must align with ASAPbio’s mission and values and will be considered activities of the organization conducted by volunteers. Applicants must be ASAPbio Community members. Successful projects will submit a report about the project within one year of approval, and may be invited to share their experience with the project via ASAPbio channels (e.g. via a blog post).
- Up to $1000 USD per project
- Must cover supplies, fees, or equipment that advance the productive use of preprints and open peer review as laid out in the project description (for example, printing, postage, small equipment, catering bill, Zoom license, etc)
- Cannot be used to cover honoraria or stipends
- Must be approved by ASAPbio staff in advance
For fastest consideration, please submit your application by May 9, 2022. We will aim to notify successful applicants who submit by this deadline by May 23.