Participating journals are interested in recruiting editors and/or reviewers based on the public feedback they’ve provided on preprints. Join the network to share your experience or get help in creating your first preprint review.
Preprint feedback has the potential to not only help authors and readers, but also to identify potential reviewers and editorial board members for journals. Unfortunately, finding preprint reviews authored by a particular individual and linking them to other useful information (such as disciplinary keywords) remains challenging. The Preprint Reviewer Recruitment Network addresses these issues by enabling willing researchers to share preprint feedback as work samples for review by participating journals.
We expect that the network will:
- Provide journals and publishers with access to pools of potential reviewers or editorial board members
- Help researchers, especially ECRs, break into reviewing or editing roles
- Recognize the efforts of researchers who participate in public reviewing and commenting on preprints
The Preprint Reviewer Recruitment Network will run as a 6-month long pilot from 2021-07-21 to 2022-01-21. Results, such as the number of reviewers who volunteered and the number of invitations extended by each journal, will be reported at asapbio.org.
Participating journals & platforms
The journals listed below will take into consideration individuals with experience reviewing preprints for positions in their reviewer pools and editorial boards.
- Biology Open
- Cancer Control
- Cell Transplantation
- The EMBO Journal
- EMBO Molecular Medicine
- EMBO Reports
- European Journal of Inflammation
- Evolutionary Bioinformatics
- Food and Nutrition Bulletin
- International Journal of Immunopathology and Pharmacology
- International Journal of Toxicology
- Journal for Vascular Ultrasound
- Journal of Cell Biology
- Journal of Cell Science
- Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry and Neurology
- Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation
- Life Science Alliance
- Molecular Systems Biology
- Neuroscience Insights
- PLOS Biology
- PLOS Climate
- PLOS Computational Biology
- PLOS Digital Health
- PLOS Genetics
- PLOS Global Public Health
- PLOS Medicine
- PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases
- PLOS ONE
- PLOS Sustainability and Transformation
- PLOS Water
- Proceedings of the Royal Society B
- Review Commons
- Science Progress
- Technology in Cancer Research & Treatment
- The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal
Journals must be indexed on DOAJ or PubMed. New journals, which have not yet been approved by PubMed or DOAJ, will be considered if the publisher has an existing track record of publishing content indexed by these services. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to join.
Sign up as a researcher
We offer support to help researchers in the Network conduct their first preprint review; for example, we run workshops on how to review for Network members. To sign up to the Preprint Reviewer Recruitment Network as a researcher, fill out the form below; responses will be shared with participating journals.