We are keen to support those in the ASAPbio Community who would like to learn more about preprints and become an advocate and a resource about preprints for their communities. Interested in a deep dive into the preprint landscape? Seeking to drive forward your own preprint initiative? Then our ASAPbio Fellows program is for you!
Applications for the 2022 Fellows program have now closed, if you have any queries about the program, contact Iratxe Puebla.
The 2022 Fellows program will run from April to November 2022, the program will provide opportunities to:
- Learn more about preprints and how they can benefit your research
- Connect with others in the research community and beyond
- Contribute to an ASAPbio initiative or develop your own preprint project. In 2022 we are seeking Fellows who can help us develop the following initiatives:
- Gain confidence to drive conversations about preprints
- It’s fun! You’ll meet others with an interest in preprints and learn more about science communication.
‘I was already interested in preprints, and participating in the ASAPbio fellows program helped me build a support network for continued work and advocacy efforts. Definitely well worth the time and effort!’ — 2020 ASAPbio Fellow
The Fellows program activities include:
Three orientation sessions covering:
- Overview of the program
- Overview of the preprint landscape: context, trends, preprint servers
- Selection and initial scoping of projects
- Preprint review and commentary initiatives
- Preprints in the broader publishing context
- Handling conversations about preprints, principles and practice session
- Community engagement options and tips for driving engagement initiatives
Work in collaboration with other Fellows to help develop an ASAPbio strategic initiative or to develop a project of your choice.
You can find more information on the ASAPbio Fellows program Handbook, or you can also check out the 2020, 2021, and 2022 cohorts of ASAPbio Fellows and their accomplishments as part of the program. The Fellows are also ASAPbio Community members.