Before preprinting, we suggest completing the following steps:
- Double check journal policies on when and where preprints may be posted.
- Choose a preprint server. Consider visibility, funder recommendations, and features like preservation and indexing, which are cataloged in the Preprint Server Directory.
- Choose a license.
- Get all authors on board with preprinting. Refer to the resources in the Preprint Info Center (including these FAQ) to address any unanswered questions.
- Upload any code/data/reagents you want to share to appropriate repositories.
- Post the preprint!
- Invite feedback via social media or email.