This calendar lists publicly-accessible events relevant to preprints in the life sciences. They are not necessarily organized or endorsed by ASAPbio.
- This event has passed.
The Future of Scholarly Publishing Panel Event and Reception (UCSF)
November 27, 2017 @ 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm PST
From the Event website:
The UCSF Library is excited to present a superb group of panelists as part of our 2017 Open Access Week program!
The world of scholarly publishing and communication is undergoing enormous changes, from new ways to share unpublished work as preprints to a myriad of collaborative platforms to connect researchers around the world. Six experts will share their views of cutting edge initiatives in scholarly communication, including:
- Accelerating science and publication through preprints
- Transitioning subscription journals to open access
- Data sharing and open science as a means to increase reproducibility and collaboration
- Technological innovations that promote rapid scientific discovery
- The role of research funders, academies, and publishers in advancing innovation
Join the panelists in a round of discussion on these topics and more, with a chance to meet and mingle at the reception from 5 – 6 pm.
- Jeremy Freeman, PhD., Manager of Computational Biology, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
- Louise Page, Publisher, PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Rich Schneider, PhD, Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, UCSF
- Carly Strasser, PhD, Program Officer, Gordon & Betty Moore Foundation
- Stephen Floor, PhD., Assistant Professor, UCSF School of Dentistry.
- Keith Yamamoto, PhD, Professor of Cellular & Molecular Pharmacology and Vice Chancellor for Science Policy and Strategy, UCSF.
This event will be webcast. To see more details and to register, visit the Event website!
Have an event to add to the calendar? Please tell us about it at firstname.lastname@example.org.