Dear ASAPbio subscriber,
Here’s what’s new:
- We held a successful Technical Workshop to discuss the feasibility of creating a central preprint service. All the notes are online, and you can also view the archived video stream.
- We’re working on a request for information to identify potential suppliers, their implementation strategies, and their predicted costs and development timescales. We will present all reasonable responses to a group of funders as part of our response to a request that emerged from the ASAPbio Funders’ Workshop. More details about our planned process can be found here.
- We’ve added some new features to the website.
- The ambassador program kicked off in earnest.
- Check out the map to see who’s near you.
- It’s also not too late to sign up – we’re looking for people willing to act as local points of contact about preprints. We’re also providing resources to help ambassadors give talks about preprints at their home institutions or while traveling to conferences and other meetings.
Please let us know if you hear of any exciting developments in preprints in life sciences!
Jessica Polka, PhD